For Father’s Day this year my wife gifted me a “Day of Lard”. We rented the clubhouse in our community and several friends and myself played some Too Fat Lardies games, ate great chow and drank great beer. We then headed to our house for dinner and some late evening What a Tanker.
Overall I think is was a huge success, and there are other smaller regional “Lard Days” being planned. Hopefully others felt the same and we’ll do it again next year.
Here are a few pictures of the “Hell’s Highway” CoC game and Ed B’s excellent AWI Sharp Practice game. Next time we’ll document it better.
Because of my recent obsession with Studio Tomahawk’s Muskets and Tomahawks rules, I have decided to knuckle down and complete all of my Colonial America projects before moving on to something else. I’ve been moving/storing/reorganizing this stuff for years, so I’d like to put it to use.
I’ve started by doing a little touch-up work on existing terrain. Some of these pieces have appeared on this blog (and other failed ones) before, but I think that they’re worth a second look.
These Woodland Indian long houses are some pre-paints from Conquest Miniatures that I bought on consignment. I repainted the blanket doors, dry brushed the exteriors to lighten them, and dry brushed the mossy flock with a yellow-green.
These totems are from Grand Manner, and I bought these painted as well. I flocked the bases to better match the rest of my terrain.
The following three pieces are all from Architects of War; a pigsty, family plot, and garden plot. I did some minor touch-ups on the paint jobs on all three.
Renedra’s Ramshackle Barn received a removable roof, some new flocking on the base, and some green algea stains on the lower parts of the boards.
And finally I reworked Renedra’s pontoon bridge by creating “wakes” for the pontoons using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and did some additional dry brushing on the planks to add some color and wear.
My first completed project of 2015 is a carry over from 2014. These rail fences for my AWI and FIW games were built using some precut wooden (either balsa or basswood) sticks from the craft store. They were glued together with white glue, airbrushed dark brown, given a wash of Vallejo Sepia, dry brushed with Vallejo Yellow Ochre and then finished off with a dry brush of Vallejo Stone Grey.