Tag Archives: Horror

May Workbench Roundup

With no looming GM deadline until July, I decided to work on whatever struck my fancy this month. Here’s my scatterbrained results.

img_20180504_122834

A Warlord Panhard 178 to replace my existing one from Army Group North. The AGN one has an integrated base that I was never quite pleased with.

img_20180505_084951

A Jump Off Point, Force Morale Trackers and Patrol Markers for my Early War French.

img_20180531_075753

Some plastic canoes from a child’s play set for my FIW Sharp Practice games at Historicon.

img_20180531_085010

An Abomination from the old Carnevale line.

img_20180531_153123

A scratch-built Woodland Indian smoking rack, again for my Historicon games.

img_20180531_153147

Generic hedge gate from Warbases.

img_20180531_153249

I think the small dinosaur is either from Iron Wind or Reaper and the Owlbear is from Otherworld.

img_20180531_153620

Late war German Panzerschreck team from Warlord.

img_20180531_153824

Some late war German NCOs from Victory Force and Warlord.

img_20180531_154039

An early war MG34 team from Warlord.

img_20180531_154240

Medusa from Otherworld, a Celtic Druid from Gorgon Studios and a zombie-thingy from maybe Reaper(?).

img_20180531_154712

Artizan pulp Russians.

img_20180531_155346

A murder of crows from Reaper – my first piece for Legends of the High Seas.

Advertisements

Another Pulpy Dump

Sounds like something that happens after eating pulled pork. Anyway, this should be the last one of these generic posts for the year as I have a “legitimate” project that I’ve started. Enjoy.


Another Random Pulp/Horror Group

Whenever I’m in between projects or need a break, I have a (embarrassingly) large cache of miscellaneous figures that I pull from to cleanse the palette, so to speak. Here’s the latest batch.

 


Pulp/Horror Menagerie

I have a new 28mm WWII Polish Campaign project I’m starting and I needed to clean off my workspace. This group of “stuff” has been sitting around partially finished, so I spent some time completing it. There are some pre-paints in here – some I repainted, some I lacked the motivation to update, so those were just rebased.


Pulps-A-Go-Go

I happened to have a bunch of pulpiness on the workbench that got completed around the same time, so here’s a gallery of my efforts.

 


Malifaux Flame Wall Markers

Embarrassingly this is my first update in almost two months – busy Summer. At the very least I have articles to write about my trials and tribulations with 3D printing, my experiences at Historicon this year and the new direction I’m heading with my Lovecraftian convention game. All in due time loyal readers, all in due time. Meanwhile here’s a writeup about some flame wall markers I made for Malifaux.

Reaper had a booth in the vendor’s hall at Historicon and I couldn’t resist picking up a few packs of the translucent Bones figures, including their Wall of Fire. I used a tealight before to light up their Ghostly Summons, so I thought I’d try the same trick with some of these new pieces. Stand by for future illuminating posts…get it…

I started with a typical battery operated flickering tealight. After disassembling the housing, I trimmed off the high post the LED was on and then repositioned the light lower on the base to reduce the overall height.

IMG_20160724_165221

Tealight

IMG_20160724_165535

Tealight Disassembled

IMG_20160724_165818

Mounting Post Removed

IMG_20160724_170003

LED Repositioned

I then took a 50mm Renedra plastic base and traced a circle slightly smaller than the diameter of the “guts” of the tealight. The inner circle was cut away and the remaining washer shape was painted black. I snapped the inner workings of the tealight into the opening and as the fit was snug enough, I opted to not use any adhesive. The bottom of the Reaper Wall of Fire was drilled out to receive the LED. Again the fit was tight enough to not require any adhesive.

IMG_20160724_170412

Renedra Base

IMG_20160724_191654

Trimmed Base with Light Installed

IMG_20160724_192831

Reaper Wall of Fire Added

To cover up the light mechanics, I hot glued some fiber fill around the perimeter. Prior to affixing it I colored it with various shades of ink. As a final touch I attached some self adhesive bumpers to act as feet. This gives enough clearance for the switch and allows it to sit level on the table.

IMG_20160724_202120

Fiber Fill

IMG_20160724_203322

Feet

Here’s a quick clip of it in action.


The Shadow Over Isigny-sur-Mer – Antagonists

With less than two weeks to go before this goes live at Cold Wars, I finished up the collection of “bad guys”. Enjoy the rogues gallery.


%d bloggers like this: