Monthly Archives: June 2015

Warlord 28mm German 7.5 cm LeIG 18 Infantry Gun

Continuing with my German support elements, here’s a Warlord LeIG 18 infantry gun. The gun model is superb, with nice detail and few mold lines. The crew figures left a little to be desired. They were poorly cast, and I’m not a fan of the fellow dragging the ammo crate as the pose seems a bit forced and unnatural. Overall though I am pleased with the piece, and hope that it will be a useful addition to my German forces.

Advertisements

Crusader 28mm German 7.5 cm Pak 40 AT Gun

As Tres and I have decided to play TFLs29, Let’s Go!” campaign for Chain of Command (excellent, by the way), I ended up taking a small detour from my Colonial America project to work on some of the German support elements. This Pak 40 is from Crusader with foliage from Silflor. The gun and crew were typical Crusader – well sculpted and cleanly cast.


North American Terrain – Part I

Because of my recent obsession with Studio Tomahawk’s Muskets and Tomahawks rules, I have decided to knuckle down and complete all of my Colonial America projects before moving on to something else. I’ve been moving/storing/reorganizing this stuff for years, so I’d like to put it to use.

I’ve started by doing a little touch-up work on existing terrain. Some of these pieces have appeared on this blog (and other failed ones) before, but I think that they’re worth a second look.

These Woodland Indian long houses are some pre-paints from Conquest Miniatures that I bought on consignment. I repainted the blanket doors, dry brushed the exteriors to lighten them, and dry brushed the mossy flock with a yellow-green.

These totems are from Grand Manner, and I bought these painted as well. I flocked the bases to better match the rest of my terrain.

The following three pieces are all from Architects of War; a pigsty, family plot, and garden plot. I did some minor touch-ups on the paint jobs on all three.

Renedra’s Ramshackle Barn received a removable roof, some new flocking on the base, and some green algea stains on the lower parts of the boards.

And finally I reworked Renedra’s pontoon bridge by creating “wakes” for the pontoons using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and did some additional dry brushing on the planks to add some color and wear.


%d bloggers like this: