The final, for now, piece of my Monty Python themed SAGA army is my Warlord, King Arthur. Arthur is from the Fireforge Games Teutonic Infantry plastics box, and Patsy is Reaper Miniatures Oswald the Overladen. Arthur has some facial hair made from Green Stuff, and the banner was printed on inkjet cotton paper – my new favorite medium. Again the tunic and shield logos are custom decals that I made from artwork found on the web, and I overpainted the shield with acrylics as the larger decal was somewhat pixelated.
As an aside, after fiddling with the Crusader board last week I have decided to run this army as Normans.
Here they are – the core of my force. The knights themselves are from Fireforge Games Teutonic Infantry and the squires, or in this case “mounts”, are Reaper Miniatures Oswald the Overladen. Sir Lancelot is straight out of the box. Sir Galahad and Sir Robin have West Wind heads, and I added Sir Robin’s pornstache with Green Stuff. Sir Bedevere is also from the box set with a Green Stuff helmet plume that I added. All of the tunic and shield logos are custom decals that I made from artwork found on the web. I overpainted the shields with acrylics as the larger decals were somewhat pixelated.
I’m hoping that my opponents won’t mind if I run these as mounted Hearthguard. Four points down, and a Warlord to go.
The Grail Knights
Figuring I need some ranged weapons in my SAGA army, I used some more of Fireforge Games Teutonic Infantry to create this unit of Warriors with crossbows. In trying to keep with my theme I painted their tunics in the style of the dancing knights seen in the Camelot cut scene (‘On second thought let’s not go there, tis a silly place.”). Three points down, one (and a Warlord) to go.
I made some more progress this week on my Monty Python themed SAGA army by completing one point of Hearthguard in the form of The Black Knight(s). These are conversions from the Fireforge Games Teutonic Infantry plastics. I recast the same helmet several times as there was only one in the box that was to my liking, and added some green stuff where his (their) limbs used to be. The boars on the tunics are custom decals that I printed from artwork found on the web.
The current tally is now two points down, two to go.
These have been sitting on the worktable for quite some time, and frankly were getting in the way, so I finished them up as quickly as I could. Same old same old – Vallejo acrylics and some shield transfers from Conquest/Flags of War.