Continuing with my fiddly gamey bits I made these explosion markers initially for WWII skirmish, but I find them to be versatile enough for other uses. I borrowed the general idea from here. I hot glued some polyfill to LED tea lights, airbrushed some red, yellow, ochre and black-brown Model Air on them, and firmed them up with some hairspray. For the next batch I may use more paint as they ended up being more translucent than I expected.
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Adding to my US arsenal, I finished the Tamiya 1/48 Sherman I’ve been working on. Markings are from the kit and the stowage is from Black Dog and Verlinden.
I’m playing in a Bolt Action tournament this weekend and made these three objectives to give to my opponents; a soldier’s field grave, a road sign, and a weapons cache.
I picked this up on sale at our local Michael’s in the Christmas village section. I dry brushed it with a few shades of grey, and then painted the clock faces with Future Floor Polish tinted with artist’s inks to simulate antique glass. Not too bad for $4.
To help round out my VSF/Pulp terrain, I ordered 4Ground’s Victorian Police Station from my FLGS. It’s a really great piece that I’m glad to have, but the assembly was labor intensive. The amount of typos and missing steps in the instructions exacerbated the process for sure. Love their products and will undoubtedly continue to support them, but perhaps a technical editor is in order.
Quite some time ago I scratch built this small ruin piece. After unsuccessfully trying to sell it at several convention flea markets I vowed that I would finish it off. Here are the results.